What Does Both Teams to Score Mean?
A “both teams to score” bet
with the options “yes” or “no” is a bet that both teams will score at least one goal against each other or, conversely, will not do so.
The bet "both to score - yes" wins when both teams hit each other's goal. How the ball was scored does not matter, so own goals also count.
The bet "both teams to score - no" wins if there is a goalless draw or one of the teams wins a clean sheet.
In betting lines, abbreviations are often used, so it is important to know how this type of bet is indicated in bets and how to understand these abbreviations.
The option is usually given in two versions: "both teams to score - yes" and "both teams to score - no", you can bet on either.
Often, instead of the full name, the abbreviation "BTTS" is used in the bookmakers' lines.
If a football match involves a penalty shoot-out, then the outcome of the bet "both teams to score" will be settled only in regular time, excluding goals scored in extra time and penalty shoot-outs.
Bets on BTTS: Variations
Normal Both Teams to Score bets require you to wager either "yes" or "no" to whether you think both teams will score.
However, there are several variations on this, including:
Both Teams to Score & Over/Under
– This bet combines Both Teams to Score and Over/Under a certain amount of goals in the match, which is usually set at 2.5 goals.
BTTS & Result
– This means that you select a bet in the BTTS market as well as your predicted outcome for the match.
BTTS in Both Halves
– In this market, it is very difficult to find a winner, but if you back "yes," the odds are extremely good.
Basically, both teams must score in the first half and again in the second half.
The odds offered by most bets in this market are between 8.00 and 50.00.
BTTS Bet: When Should You Place It
As the name suggests, this bet focuses on goals scored. Therefore, it won't work if you expect defensive football from teams.
Based on the statistics of the selected teams, the analysis should be carried out: how many goals were scored, how many goals were conceded, and how they performed against teams of the same level.
The strategy of playing "both to score" implies that you will choose teams with a clear imbalance in the direction of attack. That is, teams that are able to consistently score, but do not know how to stop the opponents' attacks.
Therefore, both teams from a selected match must go through the following "checklist":
- The tactic is clearly biased in favor of attacking rather than defending.
- Tournament motivation: if the team does not have it, then there will be no incentive to go forward and score goals.
- The presence of attacking players of a sufficiently high class.
- Check whether the team concedes frequently, or whether the defenders or goalkeeper have been injured or disqualified.
Football betting on BTTS is extremely popular for a reason.
BTTS bets are valid until the very last minute of a game, but it can also be won quickly if both teams score early.
There is a higher chance of winning with this market than with winner markets, and it is simple to understand.
The BTTS market also has better payouts than most betting markets with a lower risk.
It is important to analyze the teams properly in order to be sure each has a good chance of scoring if you want to win a bet on BTTS.
BTTS bets offer excellent value, and you can increase their value by combining them with bets from other markets.
You can select this option alone or in conjunction with Over/Under Correct Score and Match Result.